1. Select a Learning Psychology topic of interest.
– Find at least 6 academic journal articles on the topic.
– Articles must be different from materials used in the course (i.e., textbook, lecture add-on materials).
– For suitable articles, visit the SMU library website for academic search engines that contain academic, peer-reviewed journal articles.
2. Combine information from your articles to answer these questions:
Purpose: Why is the topic that you chose important to study?
Research methods: How is the topic studied?
Results: What are the results of the research studies?
Discussion/conclusion: What are the future directions of the research?
Limitations: What are the limitations of the findings and how can future research overcome them?
3. Complete your paper in Microsoft Word.
– The written portion of your paper is to be at least 10 double-spaced pages. Title page, reference list, graphics (i.e., pictures, figures, tables) are extras that DO NOT COUNT as part of the 10-page minimum.
– Please use headings and subheadings to organize your paper.
– Use 12 point font, 1 inch borders, double spacing, and standard line and character spacing.
– Do not have extra/unnecessary space between paragraphs/sections.
– Do not use quotes.
– You must reference information in the paper and include a reference list at the end of the paper in APA format.
Tips for Finding Research Articles
Past students have asked for assistance with finding peer-reviewed research articles. Generally, a regular Google search is not scientifically rigorous, based on the expectations of this course. Below are tips and steps to help.
To use Google Scholar: Type Google Scholar into your internet browser and select Google Scholar from the list. When it takes you to Google Scholar, it will look just like Google, except it will contain mainly peer-reviewed articles.
Problem with Google Scholar: The main issue with Google Scholar is that you likely will only get full articles if you pay for them. Many current, peer-reviewed articles can cost $30+ each, if you are not a member of an organization that has access to the given journal in which the article is published. Although students do not always realize this, access to journals with full articles is a benefit you receive as part of your student fees at SMU.
To use SMU search engines:
1. click the following link: https://smu.ca/academics/the-patrick-power-library.html
2. Select Databases A-Z.
3. For relevant psychology articles, look under E for EBSCO Academic Search Premier or under P for PsycINFO/PsycARTICLES.
4. When you click on the search engine of choice and are prompted to login, use your S# and password, just like when you login to Brightspace.
5. Once logged in, use words/terms to complete your search, just like a Google search (be specific).
6. Narrow your search in Advanced Settings (e.g., check off ‘journal articles’, ‘full article’, ‘year range’, etc.).
7. When ready, click Search to be presented a list of relevant articles to review.
The text book for the course:
brain & behavior: introduction to behavioral neuroscience (5th ed.) by Bob Garet, Gerald Hough II
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We ensure that our writers and editors work within the work guidelines and follow all paper instructions to the letter. When placing an order, you choose the academic field and expert level (high school, college, university, or professional). Our team then assigns your paper to a writer with a respective qualification or degree to ensure that you receive quality work.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We employ professional writers with more than two years of experience in academic and business writing. Most of our writers and editors are native English speakers to ensure quality and professional work. We are confident that our team of professional writers can handle all types of business and academic writing work.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We provide a free revision service for all orders. If you feel that our writers missed something, you can request a revision of your paper at no additional cost. When we deliver your work, you have seven days to go through it and request a revision or modification if you are not satisfied. You can also contact our support team directly for any clarifications and queries on revision.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
We ensure that all papers are delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper requirements and deliver quality work, we may contact you and discuss a deadline extension. If a deadline extension is not feasible, depending on the work and submission deadlines, we guarantee a 100% refund.
Original & Confidential
To ensure that we deliver plagiarism-free work, we use various writing and plagiarism checking tools. Our professional editors' team carefully goes through all work and references used in papers to ensure proper referencing and that original work has been done. We also guarantee confidentiality in all the services that we provide.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support team is available round the clock for any customer queries and communication. We guarantee 24/7 customer support and assistance. Feel free to contact us at any time of day for questions and follow-ups.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
You do not have to spend sleepless nights worrying about your paper. We got you covered. We offer all kinds of writing services.
Regardless of the type of academic paper you need and its urgency, we have writers on call ready to work on your paper. Feel free to choose the field, educational level, and type of paper you want, and we will deliver it at an affordable price. We are here for all your academic and business paper needs. With our round the clock service, we guarantee that you will receive your work on time.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
Admission essays are written by students wishing to join a college, graduate school or university, as applications for enrollment. We guarantee quality admission essays and business papers with our professional writing and customer care support services.
We have experienced academic writers and editors who are on standby to make all the necessary changed to your paper at your request. We ensure that your paper is polished and appropriately formatted (APA, Harvard, Chicago/Turabian, MLA formats) before it is delivered.
We provide revision support, where you can request a revision of a delivered paper if you feel that it can be improved or repolished. Your paper is checked by an experienced writer or editor for revamping and improvement upon a revision request. Revision service is free, and you can use it as many times as you wish until you are satisfied with your paper.