2. Write three critiques based on three of the following artworks from the Detroit Institute of Art collection:
1- “Watson and the Shark “
2- “Animals in a Landscape”
3- “Detroit industry, North wall”
3. For each one of your three critiques, you must appropriately use at least SIX of the art terms listed on page 2. That means, you will need to use a minimum total of 6 different terms (3 critiques X at least 6 art terms per critique = 18 art terms).
a. To receive credit for this requirement, you must underline, bold, CAPITALIZE or highlight each term in order to be readily found by the instructor. Not using one of these methods will result in a “0” for this part of the assignment.
b. Within the entire paper, you may use a particular term more than once, but you can only receive credit for a particular term once. In other words, credit will only be given the first time the term is used.
c. It is preferable that you only use one of the art terms in a single sentence. However, you cannot use and get credit for using more than two of these terms in a single sentence.
d. Each critique must contain be a minimum of a full page, but not be any longer than two pages per critique. Thus, the entire paper will be a minimum of 3 pages in length.
e. Your critiques should primarily be based on your own observations, not from other sources. If you use a quote, the quote cannot be longer than two sentences and you must make sure to give proper credit for it.
o electronic media
o mixed media
o daily life
o still life
o the environment
o aerial or atmospheric perspective
o analogous colors
o analytical line
o arbitrary color
o asymmetrical balance
o classical line
o complementary colors
o contour line
o cool colors
o curvilinear line
o expressive line
o figure ground reversal
o focal point
o implied line
o intermediate colors
o local color
o low relief
o negative space
o Op Art
o plein-air painting
o primary colors
o radial balance
o secondary colors
o time and motion
o warm colors
1. Minimum length for each critique – 1 full page; Maximum length for each critique – 2 pages. However, please submit the three critiques as one document (not three separate documents). You should not provide copies of the worksheets. The worksheets are only a tool to help you think of topics for your paper. Do not write any part of your paper in outline form.
2. Sentences will not be counted which simply state what the artwork is not. For instance, you will receive no credit for such statements as, “The artwork is not a carving” or “The painting is not created on canvas.”
3. An introductory or closing paragraph citing your general appreciation and/or attitude toward visiting the museum does not count as part of the graded critique or length of your paper.
4. For each work of art, within one of the first paragraphs of the critique be sure to identify the:
c. year created
d. size (dimensions) of the work of art.
5. After completing your paper, save it using a Microsoft Word or Mac Pages format. Please do not convert your file into a PDF. Microsoft Works is not the same as Microsoft Word and cannot be opened by the instructor. If your file cannot be opened by the instructor, you will receive a “0” for the assignment.
6. Do not use more than a 12-pt. font. Please double-space your text. The margins should be no more than 1 inch around your text.
7. The paper must be written in prose form. Indent your paragraphs and do not quadruple-space (or put extra spaces) between paragraphs.
8. The paper must be void of grammatical and spelling errors.
9. Plagiarism (no matter how minimal) will result in a “0” for the entire assignment. Please understand that “cutting and pasting” text from another source is also a form of plagiarism, even if you cite references at the end of the paper. In addition, resist the temptation to purchase or borrow a paper from a former student or an Internet site and place your name on it. This is also a form of plagiarism, no matter how much or how little you use of it. The instructor can easily detect plagiarized papers, so please just take the time to follow the instructions and do your own work if you would like credit for this assignment.
10. For a guide as to what is expected, see one of the attachments for a sample paper.
11. When you are ready to upload your essay, click on the title link – DIA Critical Essay, and you will be taken to another page. Do not cut and paste your answers in the “Submission” or “Comments” area or you will receive a “0” for the assignment. Instead, you must attach the file containing your paper and another file containing the photo. If you fail to attach your file or submit the wrong file, you will receive a “0” for this assignment. For assistance in uploading your paper, please call Blackboard technical assistance at PH: 866-846-8494. This is a toll-free number and they are available 24/7.
12. You may receive up to 30 points for completing this assignment. However, not following the instructions will result in no credit for this assignment. The instructor must input these scores manually in your grade book for this assignment. However, you will know if you have submitted your document if you see a yellow or green exclamation mark in your grade book.
13. No late papers will be accepted under any circumstance.
Identifies title, artist, year created and dimensions of each artwork.
Meets content requirements of the assignment = 15 pts.
At least 18 art terms used (6 art terms per critique) = 9 pts. (.5 pts/art term used correctly)
Note: For credit, you must underline, bold, CAPITALIZE or highlight each term. Credit given only for the first time art term is used.
Grammar; Mechanics; Spelling
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We ensure that our writers and editors work within the work guidelines and follow all paper instructions to the letter. When placing an order, you choose the academic field and expert level (high school, college, university, or professional). Our team then assigns your paper to a writer with a respective qualification or degree to ensure that you receive quality work.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We employ professional writers with more than two years of experience in academic and business writing. Most of our writers and editors are native English speakers to ensure quality and professional work. We are confident that our team of professional writers can handle all types of business and academic writing work.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We provide a free revision service for all orders. If you feel that our writers missed something, you can request a revision of your paper at no additional cost. When we deliver your work, you have seven days to go through it and request a revision or modification if you are not satisfied. You can also contact our support team directly for any clarifications and queries on revision.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
We ensure that all papers are delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper requirements and deliver quality work, we may contact you and discuss a deadline extension. If a deadline extension is not feasible, depending on the work and submission deadlines, we guarantee a 100% refund.
Original & Confidential
To ensure that we deliver plagiarism-free work, we use various writing and plagiarism checking tools. Our professional editors' team carefully goes through all work and references used in papers to ensure proper referencing and that original work has been done. We also guarantee confidentiality in all the services that we provide.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support team is available round the clock for any customer queries and communication. We guarantee 24/7 customer support and assistance. Feel free to contact us at any time of day for questions and follow-ups.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
You do not have to spend sleepless nights worrying about your paper. We got you covered. We offer all kinds of writing services.
Regardless of the type of academic paper you need and its urgency, we have writers on call ready to work on your paper. Feel free to choose the field, educational level, and type of paper you want, and we will deliver it at an affordable price. We are here for all your academic and business paper needs. With our round the clock service, we guarantee that you will receive your work on time.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
Admission essays are written by students wishing to join a college, graduate school or university, as applications for enrollment. We guarantee quality admission essays and business papers with our professional writing and customer care support services.
We have experienced academic writers and editors who are on standby to make all the necessary changed to your paper at your request. We ensure that your paper is polished and appropriately formatted (APA, Harvard, Chicago/Turabian, MLA formats) before it is delivered.
We provide revision support, where you can request a revision of a delivered paper if you feel that it can be improved or repolished. Your paper is checked by an experienced writer or editor for revamping and improvement upon a revision request. Revision service is free, and you can use it as many times as you wish until you are satisfied with your paper.