For your paper, please select two of the following time periods/political units from the first list, and compare and contrast them using ONE main theme from the second list.
Time Period/Political Units:
Mayan city-states OR Teotihuacán
Roman Republic OR Roman Empire
Roles of women
Art, architecture, and literature
Your paper structure should be the following:
A description (3-5 pages, approximately 900 to 1200 words) of the two political units you have selected. At the very least, this should include information about both time periods or political units that explain:
o Who were the major ethnic, linguistic, or religious groups in the time period or political unit
o Where the major cities or peoples of the time period were located, or where the capital and general bounds of the political unit were located
o When the time period or political units began or were founded, when they are generally considered to have peaked, and when the time period or political unit ended
o Why the time period or political unit is generally believed to have been of import
An analysis (5-7 pages, approximately 1500-2100 words) of how the two time periods or political units compare and contrast with respect to the main theme you have chosen. You might want to consider:
o The role that religion played in society and the political structure of your political units
o How significant a role did slavery play in your time periods or political units? Was it an essential part of the economic and political structure, or more peripheral?
o Were there any major changes over time of your main theme throughout the time periods or political units chosen? Did the religion, roles of women, art, architecture, etc, evolve throughout the existence of your political unit?
o In what ways did your main theme contribute (or not) to the decline and ending of your time periods or political units chosen?
o In what way has this main theme in your political units remained relevant to the present day? Is there some significant impact on later world history from what you are analyzing?
Obviously, these are just some possible things one wants to consider when choosing your political units and main themes, and when writing your paper. I am limiting you to one main theme to force you to go into depth, rather than merely superficially inspecting a larger number of main themes. This will also make it much easier to come up with a coherent argument.
If you feel that you have a good idea for your term paper that does not quite fit these guidelines, feel free to speak to me personally. I am willing to grant exceptions on a case-by-case basis
1) Papers should be 2500-3200 words in length, double spaced, in 12 point Times New Roman or Calibri font, and with 1” margins all around. The word count does not include a title page, pictures, captions, graphs, or your bibliography.
2) You MUST use at least two academically appropriate sources other than the textbook. This includes scholarly books and articles in peer-reviewed journals. Encyclopedia articles are useful for greater background information, but do not count toward your two additional sources. Wikipedia DOES NOT COUNT AS AN ENCYCLOPEDIA. JSTOR.org is one of your best resources. I HIGHLY recommend the use of at least one primary source for each of your political units or time periods as well.
Papers without at least two academically appropriate sources will receive a grade no higher than D.
3) In general, most websites are NOT appropriate sources for an academic research paper. If you think you have found an exception, please contact me personally and we will discuss whether you should use information from the website while writing your paper.
Papers with a significant amount of information pulled from non-academically appropriate sources will receive a grade no higher than D.
4) PLAGIARISM IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Plagiarism is passing off someone else’s work as your own. Please paraphrase, quote, and cite responsibly. Cadets will be given a grade of 0 (ZERO) for any assignment that they have found to have plagiarized all or part of, as well as likely suffer other consequences. For a useful resource on avoiding plagiarism, see https://wts.indiana.edu/writing-guides/pdf/plagiarism.pdf.
5) Your paper will be due 23 October. You will be turning in various stages of your paper as well, such as an annotated bibliography, preliminary notes, outlines, and a rough draft. Late work, from any stage of the writing process, will only be accepted under extreme circumstances.
6) All sources MUST be cited. MLA or Chicago-style notes and bibliography are acceptable.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We ensure that our writers and editors work within the work guidelines and follow all paper instructions to the letter. When placing an order, you choose the academic field and expert level (high school, college, university, or professional). Our team then assigns your paper to a writer with a respective qualification or degree to ensure that you receive quality work.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We employ professional writers with more than two years of experience in academic and business writing. Most of our writers and editors are native English speakers to ensure quality and professional work. We are confident that our team of professional writers can handle all types of business and academic writing work.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We provide a free revision service for all orders. If you feel that our writers missed something, you can request a revision of your paper at no additional cost. When we deliver your work, you have seven days to go through it and request a revision or modification if you are not satisfied. You can also contact our support team directly for any clarifications and queries on revision.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
We ensure that all papers are delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper requirements and deliver quality work, we may contact you and discuss a deadline extension. If a deadline extension is not feasible, depending on the work and submission deadlines, we guarantee a 100% refund.
Original & Confidential
To ensure that we deliver plagiarism-free work, we use various writing and plagiarism checking tools. Our professional editors' team carefully goes through all work and references used in papers to ensure proper referencing and that original work has been done. We also guarantee confidentiality in all the services that we provide.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support team is available round the clock for any customer queries and communication. We guarantee 24/7 customer support and assistance. Feel free to contact us at any time of day for questions and follow-ups.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
You do not have to spend sleepless nights worrying about your paper. We got you covered. We offer all kinds of writing services.
Regardless of the type of academic paper you need and its urgency, we have writers on call ready to work on your paper. Feel free to choose the field, educational level, and type of paper you want, and we will deliver it at an affordable price. We are here for all your academic and business paper needs. With our round the clock service, we guarantee that you will receive your work on time.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
Admission essays are written by students wishing to join a college, graduate school or university, as applications for enrollment. We guarantee quality admission essays and business papers with our professional writing and customer care support services.
We have experienced academic writers and editors who are on standby to make all the necessary changed to your paper at your request. We ensure that your paper is polished and appropriately formatted (APA, Harvard, Chicago/Turabian, MLA formats) before it is delivered.
We provide revision support, where you can request a revision of a delivered paper if you feel that it can be improved or repolished. Your paper is checked by an experienced writer or editor for revamping and improvement upon a revision request. Revision service is free, and you can use it as many times as you wish until you are satisfied with your paper.