LESSON 2-2 FINDING GROSS PAY
INSTRUCTIONS: Gross Pay = Pay per hour times Hours worked
Example: Paid at $15/hr for 6 hours is $15 x 6 = $90 Gross Pay
1. Chester Krump worked these hours last week: Monday, 7 hours; Tuesday, 8 hours; Wednesday, 6 hours; Thursday, 7 hours; FridaY,,5 hours. Chester is paid $12 an hour.
How many hours did Chester work last week?
What was his gross pay for the week?
2. Rosemary Karzim earns $9 per hour at her job. The hours she worked during each of the last four weeks are shown at the right. For each week find the gross pay Rosemary earned. Then find her total gross pay for four weeks. Write your answers in the chart.
Week. Hours Worked. Gross Pay
1 40 $
2 31 $
3 37 $
4 39 $
Total Gross Pay $
3. Sandra Milgor has two jobs. Her full-time job pays $9 per hour. A part-time job pays $5 an hour. Last week Sandra worked 32 hours at her full-time job and 14 hours at her part-time job. Find the
gross pay she earned at her full-time job. $
gross pay she earned at her part-time job. $
total amount she earned from both jobs $
4. Harrison Cronk earns a weekly salary of $356.
How much would Harrison earn in 4 weeks of work? $
How much would he earn in a 52-week year? $
LESSON 2-4 FINDING AVERAGE PAY
INSTRUCTIONS: Find simple averages by adding the amounts, then dividing by the number of items added.
Example: Average of 4, 8, and 9 is 4 + 8 + 9 = 21, 21/3 = 7 (the average)
5. Quinn LeGrow worked at three jobs in three weeks. In the first week, he earned $310. In the next week, he was paid $334. In the third week, he was paid $307.
What average pay per week did Quinn earn for these three weeks?
6. The monthly earnings of Cynthia Gragg for May through August were $1,684, $1,752, $1,592, $1,664.
What average amount per month did she earn for these four months? $
7. Nestor Gorbea worked five days last week and earned these amounts: $85.63, $79.66, $75.65, $89.28, $90.58.
What average amount per day did Nestor earn during these five days, rounded to the nearest dollar? $
8. Pauline Morse has worked as a loan officer in a bank for the past three years. During her first year, she earned $23,400. Her earnings increased to $26,200 the second year, and to $29,600 the third year.
What were her average annual earnings for the three years she worked for the bank?$
Finding Weighted Averages. Example: What is the average rate of pay for workers if 4 workers get $5.00 per hour, 3 get $7/hr and 2 get $10/hour (9 workers).
4 x $5 = $20, 3 x $7 = $21, 2 x $11 = $22; $20 + $21 + $22 = $63 / 9 = $7 per hour average rate of pay
9. Paul Bailey earns extra money by refinishing wood floors. His charge is based on the size and condition of the floor. Last month, he refinished 6 floors for $80 each, 2 floors for $68 each, and 1 floor for $122.
What average amount per floor did he earn for the month? $
10. After working at her new job, Rhonda Bloch found that she had earned the following monthly salaries: $1,600 monthly for the first 3 months; $1,720 monthly for the following 2 months; $1,840 for the sixth month.
What average amount per month did Rhonda earn during these six months?$
11. Four employees of the Micro-Line Company earn $14 an hour. Another 6 employees earn $12 an hour, while 4 others are paid $10 an hour.
What is the average pay per hour earned by the employees?$
Finding an unknown item in a series (see if you can figure these out yourself).
12. By working for 4 weeks at your part-time job you earned these amounts: $60, $72, $53, $47.
What pay will you have to earn in the fifth week to average $56 a week for five weeks of work?$
13. The average weekly pay of five employees of the Morris Electrical Supply Company is $473. The weekly pay of four of the employees is $385, $530, $526, $495.
What is the weekly pay of the other employee?$
14. On Monday, five employees of the Wexel Cartage Company earned an average gross pay of $108 for the day. Four of the employees earned these amounts on that day: $116, $102, $119, $86.
How much did the fifth employee earn on Monday?$
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We ensure that our writers and editors work within the work guidelines and follow all paper instructions to the letter. When placing an order, you choose the academic field and expert level (high school, college, university, or professional). Our team then assigns your paper to a writer with a respective qualification or degree to ensure that you receive quality work.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We employ professional writers with more than two years of experience in academic and business writing. Most of our writers and editors are native English speakers to ensure quality and professional work. We are confident that our team of professional writers can handle all types of business and academic writing work.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We provide a free revision service for all orders. If you feel that our writers missed something, you can request a revision of your paper at no additional cost. When we deliver your work, you have seven days to go through it and request a revision or modification if you are not satisfied. You can also contact our support team directly for any clarifications and queries on revision.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
We ensure that all papers are delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper requirements and deliver quality work, we may contact you and discuss a deadline extension. If a deadline extension is not feasible, depending on the work and submission deadlines, we guarantee a 100% refund.
Original & Confidential
To ensure that we deliver plagiarism-free work, we use various writing and plagiarism checking tools. Our professional editors' team carefully goes through all work and references used in papers to ensure proper referencing and that original work has been done. We also guarantee confidentiality in all the services that we provide.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support team is available round the clock for any customer queries and communication. We guarantee 24/7 customer support and assistance. Feel free to contact us at any time of day for questions and follow-ups.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
You do not have to spend sleepless nights worrying about your paper. We got you covered. We offer all kinds of writing services.
Regardless of the type of academic paper you need and its urgency, we have writers on call ready to work on your paper. Feel free to choose the field, educational level, and type of paper you want, and we will deliver it at an affordable price. We are here for all your academic and business paper needs. With our round the clock service, we guarantee that you will receive your work on time.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
Admission essays are written by students wishing to join a college, graduate school or university, as applications for enrollment. We guarantee quality admission essays and business papers with our professional writing and customer care support services.
We have experienced academic writers and editors who are on standby to make all the necessary changed to your paper at your request. We ensure that your paper is polished and appropriately formatted (APA, Harvard, Chicago/Turabian, MLA formats) before it is delivered.
We provide revision support, where you can request a revision of a delivered paper if you feel that it can be improved or repolished. Your paper is checked by an experienced writer or editor for revamping and improvement upon a revision request. Revision service is free, and you can use it as many times as you wish until you are satisfied with your paper.